A downloadable PDF nonprofit email deliverability study from Everyaction that explains how you can improve your donations by changing a few practices in your nonprofits newsletter or email donation list.
This PDF is 16 pages long and the table of contents are as follows:
- 1 About the Author
- 5 Executive Summary
- 10 How much does spam cost nonprofits annually?
- 15 What can organizations do to improve their deliverability?
- 16 Resources
If you are currently sending a newsletter or are building an email list (hint: you should be!) then you especially need to read page 15 that goes over these tweaks:
- Opt-In and Confirm – make sure your donors are opting-in to receiving your emails. Your mass email service should confirm all opt-ins.
- Ramp up with a “Welcome Series” – New opt-ins are onboarded more successfully with a short series of emails delivering value.
- Look beyond opens and clicks – If you use Mailchimp, Drip, or another modern email provider your service provides you with detailed data that you can use to understand more about what is working, test different content/titles, and improve your donations.
- Focus on who’s getting the message – Explore your bounce rate (emails that can’t be delivered) and remove addresses that can’t be fixed.
- Pay attention to inactives – Email inactives (email addresses that haven’t opened or clicked in a month) need to be messaged differently to get them to re-engage. Remove inactive email addresses after a year to make sure your deliverability isn’t hurt.
- Work with your provider – Your email provider can help diagnose problems before they become a real issue.
According to Everyaction:
Our expert analysis of nonprofit email data revealed something pretty incredible: an average of 7.56% in email fundraising revenue is lost annually simply because of spam.
In this study, you’ll find:
An updated, in-depth evaluation of email data from 55 leading national nonprofits
No-nonsense breakdown of the real financial impact of spam – the numbers will surprise you!
Advice from our renowned email deliverability specialist to help lower your spam rate
Deliverability data you can use to start sending better emails!